When I started sewing lingerie last year, the very first tries were free patterns available online. I followed what I learned when I was taught to draw many years ago - you first do simple things and make copies of what you see /still-lives, models, landscapes/ or actual painting and start drawing what you see in you head on a later stage. So I did it with knickers. Bras were completely different story and I will keep it for later. This doesn't mean I left patterns unaltered along the way. I think there is no single one in its original shape - some things just have to be made your way and knickers are obviously such things.
quickly transformed the high-waist-ed knickers I loved in cold weather into natural waist rise version. The high-wasted version was one of my first lingerie patterns and great fit but summer is coming. The lack of side seams makes the magic - no visible seams. The beautiful bonus is, two different fabrics can be used. So I mimicked the ones used in the bras, to make matching sets. Ideas are flowing and I don't even sketch them now... Back to sewing tomorrow! I just bough new lighter weight